Personal information is information or an opinion, (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
The types of personal information that Touchpoint Legal may collect from you includes your:
- date of birth;
- contact details (such as address, telephone number and email address);
- bank account details;
- employment details;
- any information relating to your legal transaction including personal and financial information;
- any information required to customise any products provided on the Touchpoint Legal website; and
- Information relating to your preferences and opinion about our products and services.
In most circumstances, Touchpoint Legal will collect your personal information from you directly through the Touchpoint Legal website, by phone, skype, email, meeting in person or other means. In other circumstances, Touchpoint Legal may collect your personal information from other parties such as lawyers, barristers, witnesses, parties to a transaction or by other persons associated with the legal product or service being provided to you by us.
Touchpoint Legal collects and uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide legal products and services to you;
- to discuss the potential of providing legal products or services to you;
- to provide promotional material, legal articles and information that may be of interest to you;
- for marketing purposes; and
- for market research purposes.
Touchpoint Legal may disclose your personal information:
- as required to persons in the usual course of providing legal products and services to you, such as other lawyers, barristers, witnesses, Courts and any other parties related to your legal transaction;
- to any agents or third party service providers of Touchpoint Legal such as administrative assistants, banks, data storage providers, accounting platform providers and software service providers. (In the event that your personal information is stored overseas by our third party data service providers (for example, by a cloud service provider) by providing your personal information to Touchpoint Legal you consent to such transfer and storage);
- to Touchpoint Legal’s professional advisers such as accountants and lawyers;
- to credit reporting agencies, debt collectors, courts, mediators, tribunals, law enforcement agencies or any other relevant entities for the purposes of enforcing any debt owed by you to us;
- to law enforcement agencies or as required by law.
Access and Correction
You may request reasonable access to your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. Touchpoint Legal will arrange a suitable time for you to view your personal information. A small fee may be charged to cover any costs associated with provision of access to you. If you believe that any of the personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate in any way, you may request Touchpoint Legal to correct that information. Touchpoint Legal will use its best endeavours to correct that information as soon as is practicable. Touchpoint Legal is not required to give access to your personal information to you to the extent that:
- giving access to you would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by an Australian law or a court/tribunal;
- illegal or fraudulent activity is suspected;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and you;
- giving access to you would prejudice negotiations between us and you;
- giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
- your information is subject to a lien as described in the Touchpoint Legal Costs Agreement.